After School Half Marathon Training Program for High School Students
Want to inspire teens and give them the experience of a lifetime? Get involved with Marathon High!
Marathon High is a nonprofit program that encourages high school students to develop self-respect, confidence and healthy lifestyles through training for and running a 13.1 mile half-marathon.
We are a proud partner with the Galloway Training Program and the 26.2 with Donna Foundation. This is a free, after-school running club open to teens of all backgrounds and abilities in grades 9-12. The program is non-competitive, which means speed does not matter. What does matter is showing up, being committed and completing the goal during each training session and on race day.
Marathon High may appear to be all about running, but it's more about the life lessons that happen because of the running. Marathon High is about changing lives, inspiring dreams, and making a difference. It’s about helping teens rise up and become the people they were meant to be. It’s about shifting the way young people think about themselves and their place in the world. And it’s about challenging them to make the “impossible” possible. All while doing something most teens never do: running a half-marathon.
Here are the ways you can help:
1. Sponsor a student for $55. The program is free for students, so we need people to help sponsor them. For $55 you can give a teenager the experience of a lifetime. Please make checks payable to "Galloway Productions" with "Marathon High" in the notes section, and send to: Deborah Dunham, Marathon High, 2610 Countess of Egmont St., Fernandina Beach, FL 32034.
2. Start a team at your local high school. If you would like to see this program at your local school, contact us for all the details on how you can give teens the opportunity to accomplish something BIG.
3. Become a coach. We need runners from the community who want to pay it forward. Our next season starts in October, so if you would like to become a coach, please let us know and we will match you with a participating school. You will serve a valuable role in this program.
4. Become a sponsor. The Marathon High program is 100 percent donation-driven. Therefore, we are in need of more sponsors to help fund and grow the program so that every student who wants to participate will have the opportunity. Companies, athletic clubs, community organizations and local businesses are all invited and needed.
5. Bring Marathon High to another city. Our goal is to grow this program across the country so thousands of teens can experience its impact. Let us know if you are interested in starting a Marathon High chapter outside of Northeast Florida!