Jeff Galloway’s Marathon/Half Marathon Training Programs & Tips
Jeff Galloway's Marathon and Half Marathon Training Programs are for all levels of runners, from beginning runners to Boston qualifiers. This Low-mileage, Injury-free Training Program is for those who have jobs, families, and a life!
The achievement of completing a marathon/half marathon training program and finishing the event will be your treasure for the rest of your life. The training schedule which follows is the latest evolution in a minimal mileage, low-impact training routine which has been used successfully by an estimated 100,000 marathoners since 1978.
Before Those First Steps!
There are very few people who should not exercise because of cardiovascular, structural, muscular, or other problems. It is very important to ensure that you are not in this risk category.
- Before beginning any exercise, diet or other improvement program, be sure to have yourself and the program evaluated by specialists in the areas you are pursuing.
- The advice in this book is offered as such-advice from one exerciser to another. It is not mean to be a prescription and should be evaluated as noted above and below.
- Specific structures and problems of individuals may require program modifications.
- In each area, find specialists who are also knowledgeable about the positive and other effects of exercise and running.
- Ask several respected leaders in the fitness community for recommendations of specialists.
- Always back off any exercise or program when you feel any risk of injury or health.
- The benefits come from regular exercise and steady adherence to a long-term program.
- Never radically increase the amount of exercise or drastically change diet and other health elements.
- Joining a group helps motivation!
- Have fun and you'll want to continue.