Yes Way, Galloway!
You CAN run a marathon! Join us as we train for the 7th Annual 26.2 with Donna full or half-marathon injury-free leveraging the RunWalkRun® method.Register now for one of our 2013-2014 Training Programs!
Day 1 Training Runs
- Beginners Training, Saturday, May 25, 2013, Yates Family YMCA, 221 Riverside Avenue, 7:00 a.m.
- Marathon & Half Marathon Training, Saturday, July 13, 2013, 26.2 with Donna Headquarters, 11762 Marco Beach Drive, 7:00 a.m.
- Wednesday Night Speed Training, Wednesday, July 17, 2013, TBA
About the Jacksonville Galloway Training Program
Jeff Galloway's Marathon Training Programs are for all levels of runners, from beginning runners to Boston qualifiers. This Low-mileage, Injury-free Training Program is for those who have jobs, families, and a life! The Jacksonville Galloway Training Program meets on Saturday mornings at various locations across the Jacksonville area, and follows Jeff Galloway’s training guidelines to get you safely across the finish line of a half or full marathon if your goals are to finish, or to achieve a ‘PR’. Our group runs feature walking breaks at regular intervals based on your skill level. Pace groups (of usually 8-15) are set up according to current fitness level, and a Group Leader is assigned to keep the speed slow enough for all members, and to enforce walk breaks from the beginning to the end.
Running is more fun when running together, as each member is motivated to run more often, and stay injury free. As you share stories, (gossip, issues) and pull one another along, the miles go by much more quickly. Lifelong friendships are formed in these mission-oriented, but laid back groups. For more information about the Galloway method of training, please visit http://www.jeffgalloway.com.
2013 - 2014 Program Offerings
This year’s training program offerings include:
- Getting Started for Beginners (targeting the Donna Marathon) - Start Date: May 25, 2013
- Marathon Training - Start Date: July 13, 2013
- October Half Marathon Training (targeting October races) - Start Date: July 13, 2013
- Wednesday Speed Training (targeting October races) - Start Date: July 17, 2013
- Getting Started for Beginners (targeting the Donna Half Marathon) - Start Date: August 10, 2013
- Donna Half Marathon Training - Start Date: October 26, 2013
- Wednesday Speed Training (targeting Donna) - Start Date: November 6, 2013
- Getting Started for Beginners (targeting the Donna 5K & Family Fun Run) - Start Date: January 4, 2014
We are offering seven (7) separate programs this year targeting events at the Seventh Annual 26.2 with Donna on February 22-23, 2014, The Great Candy Run 5K in September 2013, as well as Fall 2013 Half Marathon events including the Jacksonville Marine Corps Half Marathon.
Getting Started: We are offering a beginners program for both full and half marathon events as well as the Donna 5K & Family Fun Run. This program is an 7-8 week program designed for participants who are new to the sport of running, or new to the Galloway method. This program will focus on the basics, allow for one-on-one coaching, and to start our runs will be under 1 mile. Our first Getting Started program for those interested in moving on to train for the marathon will begin on Saturday, May 25. Our second Getting Started program for those interested in moving on to train for the half-marathon will begin on Saturday, August 10. The third Getting Started program will get you off the couch and ready to run your first 5K at Donna's 5K & Family Fun Run in February and begins January 4, 2014. At the completion of this program, you will be ready to begin our regular marathon or half-marathon training programs and you will be considered an ‘Alumni Member’ of the Galloway program. Registration Fees:
- New Member Getting Started: $89
- Alumni Member Getting Started: $69
Marathon Training: Our marathon training will begin on Saturday, July 13. Those of you who have trained with the Galloway Program in the past or participate in our Getting Started program are considered ‘Alumni Members’ and receive a discount. Registration Fees:
- New Member Marathon Training: $159
- Alumni Member Marathon Training: $99
Half Marathon Training: We are offering two half marathon training programs this year! Our first session of half marathon training will begin on Saturday, July 13 and will target the Marine Corps Half Marathon in Jacksonville or the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon. Our second session of half marathon training will begin on Saturday, October 26 targeting the Donna Half Marathon. Those of you who have trained with the Galloway Program in the past or participate in our Getting Started program are considered ‘Alumni Members’ and receive a discount. Registration Fees:
- New Member Half Marathon Training: $95
- Alumni Member Half Marathon Training: $75
NEW! Wednesday Night Speed Training: New this year for Alumni Members, we are offering two sessions for those of you who have a need for speed! Led by Group Director Owen Shott, our first session will begin on Wednesday, July 17 and will target the Marine Corps Half Marathon in Jacksonville or the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon. Our second session will begin on Wednesday, November 6 targeting the Donna. This program is a 12 to 16 week speed and interval program held on a track, and includes sessions on proper warm-up, cool-down and drills. Running form analysis will be conducted to breakdown and improve your running form. Injury prevention sessions will help guide you to keep your body functioning properly. Registration Fees:
- Alumni Member, Session 1, Limited to 40 Runners: $50
- Alumni Member, Session 2, Limited to 40 - 60 Runners: $70
Register online today!
*Training times and locations are subject to change. Please check back often for updates. Coming Soon!
St. Augustine Galloway Training Program
Looking for a training group in St. Augustine? Check out the St. Augustine Galloway Training Program at www.staugustinegalloway.com! Contact:
Amelia Island Galloway Training Program
Looking for a training group in Amelia Island? Join the Fernandina Beach Galloway Training Program Facebook Group. Contact: